Guardianship, Curatorship & Mandate
- Do you need the assistance of a lawyer in a motion for tutorship or curatorship of one of your loved ones?
- Do you want to challenge the placing under tutorship or curatorship of one of your loved ones?
- Do you want to dispute the mandate in the case of incapacity, power of attorney or a “living will” signed by a relative?
- Do you want to enforce a mandate in case of incapacity?
- Do you have questions about the tutorship or curatorship for a person over the age of majority?
With the use of the services of a lawyer you will have tips on the best way to protect yourself if ever you need someone informing you on the different mechanisms for the protection of persons: guardianship, trusteeship, or an advisor to a person over the age of majority in case of incapacity.
In addition, a lawyer can help in the drafting of your mandate in case of incapacity, by helping you decide who will be the principal legal representative, i.e. the person who will take care of you and your assets in case something happens to you.