- Are you in divorce or separation proceedings, and need advice concerning custody of your children?
- Do you want to divorce or separate and you want to know your rights regarding your children?
- You want to see a lawyer about what is the most appropriate for your situation: shared custody, alternating custody, sole custody?
- Do you have questions about your rights of access to your children?
- Do you have questions about alimony: amount, payment frequency, protecting your rights?
- Has your ex-spouse delayed payment of your alimentary pension and you want to know your recourses?
- Do you want to modify the amount of alimentary pension payable to or by you?
- Do you want to cancel an alimentary pension?
A lawyer will help you to protect your interests and defend your rights.
During your consultation, a lawyer will listen to assess your situation, and discuss with you the different legal options that are available to you regarding the custody of your children. We will assess together if it is possible to reach an agreement or to have recourse to mediation before bringing the case before the courts. We will examine all the options to choose the one that best fits your situation, and your wishes concerning the custody of children: best interests of the child, the child’s choice, visitation rights, etc. We will help you to do what is possible to get what is best for you and your children.
Seeing a lawyer will also allow you to know your rights regarding the question of alimony. We’ll help you obtain support for your child by an agreement with your spouse or before the courts. If you ex-spouse does not pay the alimony, we will take a motion before the courts for the alimony to be paid.