- Do you have questions about real estate or construction law?
- Do you want to consult a lawyer to understand your rights as a purchaser, vendor, and/or renter of a property?
- Do you have questions about legal aspects governing your purchase offer, your mortgage, the deed of sale, your declaration of co-ownership, or your indivision agreement?
- Have you discovered major problems following the purchase of your house? Do you think you have been a victim of latent defect (vice caché), and you would like to get legal advice?
- Do you have problems with your co-ownership? Your divided ownership? Your undivided ownership?
- Do you have problems with a landlord who doesn’t respect your rights, and who abuses his/her rights as the owner?
- Are your neighbors disrespecting your property rights, encroaching on your land, not respecting your servitude, or not respecting your right of passage?
The help of a lawyer can help you get to know your rights in real estate law, whether you are a tenant or a landlord, purchaser or vendor. We can represent you in court before common law tribunals and the Rental board (Régie du Logement). We can help you assert your rights and obtain compensation, or an injunction in the applicable cases.
Did you know that when you buy a house, you are protected as a purchaser against latent defects, even if the previous owner was not aware of them? The terms and conditions provided for by law upon the discovery of the defect are however quite strict. It’s important to consult us without delay so that we may start a legal action against latent defects.